Sunday, July 23, 2006

Chocolate Beer Cake


Recipe from Delia Online



I made this cake with Guiness because it was the only stout available that didn't involve buying a six-pack!

I found that I landed up doing most of the mixing with a wooden spoon. The only time I used an electric whisk was when I was adding the eggs.

I was delighted to find that the cakes had rise evenly and were therefore rather easy to sandwhich together. I didn't use any nuts in my version but the proportion of icing to cake worked well.

In my oven (fan assisted) the cakes took 15 minutes at 170C, substantially less than in the recipe.

I shall definitely be making this again - I've been having it for breakfast for the past few days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gustad said...

hey, just found your blog. very nice. i plan to visit often!

16/8/06 8:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home